Gearing Up for National Apprenticeship Week 2019
The fifth annual National Apprenticeship Week (NAW) is right around the corner! This November 11-17, thousands of partners from business, labor, education, and other institutions across the United States will join us in championing the benefits of apprenticeship.
Not sure if apprenticeship is right for you? NAW is the perfect time to learn more. Apprenticeship is a flexible training model that can be tailored to meet the needs of employers across industries, from IT and manufacturing to healthcare and transportation. For workers looking to gain in-demand skills, apprenticeship provides a portable credential for family-sustaining careers. Explore our interactive map to find an NAW event near you, and find answers to common questions on Apprenticeship.gov.
If you’re planning to host an event during NAW, check out the toolkits and materials on the NAW website to promote your event to local media, the public, and potential attendees:
- Event planning toolkit: Use this toolkit to ensure you have everything you need for a successful event.
- Promotion toolkit: Not sure how to get the word out? This toolkit provides tips and sample content to share your event with local media and potential attendees.
- Print materials: These print materials include customizable flyers and factsheets about apprenticeship and NAW.
- Register your event: Let us know about your event so we can include it on our map.
- NAW 2018 final report: Need some inspiration for your event? Check out last year's report for ideas.
Help us spread the word and share your NAW activities on social media using the hashtag #NAW2019. To learn more about National Apprenticeship Week 2019 and explore all NAW events, visit Apprenticeship.gov/NAW.
Katie Lagomarsino is a Special Assistant in the Employment and Training Administration.